Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Howdy from the Ponderosa





We woke up to about 5 inches of snow this morning and as of 12:15 P.M. there are snow drifts that come up to my knees! I was really thinking the weather men and women were going to be wrong...who wouldn't with the track record KTTS has of over exaggerating and hyping up mild weather conditions . However, I have to hand it to them...they were right! It is a blizzard out here at the ponderosa. A big thanks goes out to Grandpa Pat who has coined the new name for the farm, the ponderosa! Not the buffet food chain, but the name John Wayne uses for a farm on the Western Channel (thanks to my dad for that info!)! We are prepared for 30 hours of no power with a generator and have loads of food/water stored up in my fancy pantry! During my time indoors, I plan on updating the blog so all can see our new barn house! Stay warm and stay tuned my fellow farmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment